Dr Sandy Hancock
- MBBS (Adelaide) 1990
- FANZCA 1999
- Acute pain management
- Major colorectal and urological surgery
- Procedural sedation
Sandy’s anaesthetic training centred around Adelaide, but also involved six months in Alice Springs and fifteen months of intensive care. After a provisional fellowship year at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Sandy was appointed as staff specialist at TQEH in 1999. During that time he helped develop and coordinate the acute pain service, and worked closely with the renal transplant unit and also supported the Royal Adelaide Hospital’s retrieval service. After two years he left Adelaide to work in public and private practice in Mildura, including a spell as director of anaesthesia and intensive care.
Since 2003 he has been in full-time private practice at Wakefield Anaesthetic Group providing a wide range of anaesthetic services, including colorectal, urology, ENT, oral and dental surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, orthopaedics, gastroenterology and interventional cardiology.
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- Acute Pain ANZCA Special Interest Group
- Obstetric Anaesthesia ANZCA Special Interest Group
- Perioperative Medical ANZCA Special Interest Group